Monday, September 5, 2011

Ayo Eat

Ayo Eat
Market Square
250.590.4231


This little gem has been around for a year and a half now, tucked away in a busy corner of Victoria's historic Market Square. I happen to work nearby, so I have been frequenting this little eatery ever since it opened. Eating my way through the menu I have become friends with the awesome owner of Ayo Eat, Ali Syahbana, best known as Bana, who is from the area of Medan, North Sumatra. He is a one-man wonder at the one and only Indonesian eatery in Victoria.


His menu is posted on the door to his one-room operation. Tucked away inside this door is everything Bana needs to prepare some delicious Indonesian food. I have tried the green curry dish with chicken many times, and while it is absolutely delicious (SM loves it) my favourite dish is a variation of the Nasi Goreng Ayam (chicken fried rice) and the Sate Ayam (chicken satay with peanut sauce). Bana is great and makes the 3 skewers of chicken satay over the chicken fried rice, topped off with his delicious peanut sauce, pickled veggies, and prawn crackers.



The peanut sauce and the pickled veggies give this dish the perfect amount of kick, which I love to cool down with the prawn crackers. The chicken skewers are so tender, and always perfectly cooked.

I recommend Ayo Eat to everyone I know that's looking for quick, delicious, healthy eats. It's like nothing else you've ever tried in Victoria.

Ayo Eat Bana! (Let's Eat Bana!)
Keep it up! Bana's optimism every day I see him is inspiring. Please visit him and try his delicious food. I guarantee you'll keep coming back for more!
*He recently added a vegetarian spring roll to his menu, so you vegetarians have no excuse not to try it out!


Ayo Eat on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment